hOUSTON, BY hOUSTONIANS
We are downright zealous about our hometown and want to share the very best it has to offer with you. Take a gander at some of our favorites below, or drop us a line to tell us about your go-to local spots!
We could keep going, but we have to stop somewhere! With over 10,000 restaurants that represent more than 70 cultural regions, there is ALWAYS something great to eat in Houston.
Food (our favorite topic other than real estate!)
- Eater Houston - A Foodie's website weapon of choice with guides for every palate
- 1,2, BBQ! - Killen's, The Pit Room, Corkscrew, Gatlin's, Hickory Hollow, Burn's BBQ
- Mexican/Tex Mex - Caracol, Ninfa's (The OG), Teotihuacan, El Tiempo, Laredo
- Latin American - Tango Malbec, Cafe Piquete, Argentina Cafe, Andes Cafe
- Vietnamese - Les Ba'get, Pho Binh, Pho Saigon, Huynh
- Steak House - B&B Butchers, Truluck's, Pappa's Steak House, Brenner's, Lynn's
- Seafood - Brennan's, Crawfish & Noodles, Liberty Kitchen, Golden Seafood
- Asian - Izakaya, Nidda Thai, Pondicheri, Tiger Den, Asia Market, HK Dim Sum
- Italian - Coltivare, Paulie's, Pizaro's, Collina's, Barry's Pizza, Star Pizza, Riva's
- Gastropubs - The Hay Merchant, The Conservatory, Moon Tower Inn, Hops Meet Barley
- Breweries - Karbach, St. Arnold, Brash, Platypus, Buffalo Bayou, 8th Wonder, Sigma
- African - Blue Nile, Peli Peli, Lucy Ethiopian, Cafe Abuja, Springbok
- Mediterranean - Aladdin, Niko Niko's, Fadi's, Mary'z, Zabak's, La Fendee
- Sushi - Uchi, Sage 400, Kuu, Miyako, Sushi Tora, Top Sushi
- Brunch- La Grange, Hugo's, Barnaby's, Benjy's, Tiny Boxwood's, The Breakfast Klub, Baba Yega
- French - Etoile, Cafe Rabelais, Bistro Le Cep, Brasserie 19, Rise N0 2
- Desserts - Flying Saucer Pie Company, House of Pies, Melange Creperie, Dessert Gallery, Fat Cat Creamery
- Southern/American - Kitchen 713, Edison, Pax Americana, One/Fifth
- Burgers - Lankford's, Hubcap Grill, The Shack, Petrol Station, Stanton's City Bites
- Coffee Shops - Agora, Campesino, Boomtown Coffee, Mercantile, Paper Co, The Doshi House
The arts (We've Got Culture, Ya'll!)
- Museums - Check out the Houston Museum District site for info, including free admission days
- Performing Arts - Between SPA and ArtsHound, you'll never miss a live show
- Visual Arts - The Visual Arts Alliance has served Houston since 1981
- Film/Cinema - Learn more about the annual Houston Cinema Arts Festival
- Theatre Companies - A great list from the HSPVA of area companies
- Hobby Center - Catch Broadway touring acts, or a Uniquely Houston production
- Alley Theatre - The nationally recognized theatre hosts more than 500 runs a year
- Wortham Center - Home to Houston Ballet and Houston Grand Opera
- Jones Hall - Spanning an entire city block and home to Houston Symphony
- TUTS - Musical theatre lovers rejoice!
- Miller Outdoor Theatre - Nestled in Hermann Park and always free
- Crighton Theatre - Built in 1934 and located in historic downtown Conroe
Festivals, Live music, and various other forms of fun
- Festivals - Pick a weekend, any weekend, any chances are there is a fest happening somewhere nearby!
- Live Music - From Red Dirt Country, EDM, Thrash, to Jazz, we've got something for everyone!
- Bars & Nightlife - Dive, pub, swanky bottle service? Pick your poison!
- Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo - The largest rodeo in the world!
- Texas Renaissance Festival - Two solid months of themed weekend fun!
- Things to Do & News - We love Houstonia Magazine and Houston Press!
- Outdoor Adventures - Sure, summers are hot, but November through April sure is nice. Go explore!
- Houston for Kids - Fun for the whole family